The Supporters United project was created on the initiative of the PL.2012 company, which invited Host Cities of UEFA EURO 2012™ in Poland and local fan associations to participate in an innovative social enterprise.
First, the City of Wrocław and the Association of Supporters Wielki Śląsk, as well as the City of Gdańsk and the Association of Supporters Lwy Północy decided to create centers of the Supporters United.
The Wrocław project started on June 1, 2010.
Project activities are directed to people who are dedicated to their team and at the same time want to actively compete with supporters of other clubs. The basic premise of the project is the principle that rivalry between fans, which determines the color and uniqueness of football, should not consist in physical humiliation of the opponent, but on conducting louder cheering, greater number on away games or a more effective choreo. Most of these behavioral patterns are already part of the culture of Polish supporters, the subject of efforts and reason to be proud.
Supporters United Śląsk Wrocław headquarter is a center for fans where they can meet, discuss and implement all ideas contributing to improving the image of football fans and encouraging an ever wider group to participate in matches. The center does not replace supporters but helps to coordinate activities and the implementation of creative ideas. Project employees strive to create an atmosphere of free discussion and mutual respect.
The Supporters United center is financed from the funds of the Wrocław Commune and the Ministry of Sport and Tourism.
The main partners are the WKS Śląsk Wrocław, Supporters Association Wielki Śląsk, Stowarzyszenie Kibiców Wielki Śląsk, Stowarzyszenie Klub Kibiców Niepełnosprawnych, Stadion Wrocław and local schools and NGOs.
Main goals of the project
- improving the activities of the supporters' association in terms of introducing the project management method, building the image, and raising funds for statutory activities
- supporting initiatives coming out of the supporters' environment - logistic and organizational assistance in their implementation
- establishing and developing partnerships at urban, national and international levels
- change the negative image of a football fan
- use the positive energy of supporters for the club, city and region.
- football tournaments - organized for children, teenagers and adults
- Przepis na futbol - regular debates at the project center on topics of interest to football fans
- Artyści w mieście - meetings for the graffiti group to help create even more interesting murals
- To My Kibice Śląska - an album documenting the lives of Silesian supporters
- Modern Football a świat kibiców - an academic conference attended by club representatives, supporters, journalists and researchers dealing with football fans.
- Legendy Śląska - meetings with former footballers and people distinguished for the club
- Nakręć się na Śląsk - collecting caps for the Hospice
- Na Szewskiej - a common room for fans.