On 14 September 2017 the Polish Congress Ambassadors Gala took place in the ICE Kraków Congress Centre. 17 honourably awarded personalities joined the group of over 200 Ambassadors of Polish Congresses. These are the persons who have organized prestigious international events in Poland, and whose professional activity contributes to the development of meetings industry and the promotion of our country.
The statuettes were handed over during the ceremony, and each handing was preceded by a laudation made by members of the Chapter of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme and by Ambassadors of Polish Congresses who had been selected in previous years.
The newly selected Honorary Ambassadors of Polish Congresses are:
- Grzegorz Borowski, infoShare Foundation
- dr hab. Jerzy Hausner, CracowUniversity of Economics
- dr hab. Piotr Jędrzejowicz, Gdynia Maritime University
- dr hab. inż. Joanna Józefowska, Poznań University of Technology, Faculty of Computing, Laboratory of Operations Research and Artificial Intelligence
- Czesław Lang, Lang Team Sp. zo.o.
- dr hab. Jan Malicki, Silesian Library
- dr hab. Józef Modelski, Warsaw University of Technology, The Institute of Radioelectronics and Multimedia Technology
- dr hab. n. med. [Medical Doctor] Andrzej Ochała, Leszek Giec Upper-Silesian Medical Centre
- Andrzej Ociepa, City Public Library in Wrocław
- dr hab. Marek Pajek, the Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce
- dr hab. n. med. [Medical Doctor] Ingrid Różyło-Kalinowska, Medical University of Lublin, Independent Unit of Propedeutics of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology
- dr hab. n. med. [Medical Doctor] Janusz Skalski, Institute of Pediatrics, Jagiellonian University Medical College
- dr inż. Włodzimierz Strupiński, Institute of Electronic Materials Technology
- dr hab. Tadeusz Wallas, Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Political Science and Journalism
- dr hab. n. med. [Medical Doctor] Grzegorz Wallner, 2nd Clinic ofGeneral, Gastroenterogical and Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery, Independent Public Clinical Hospital No. 1 in Lublin
- dr n. med. lek. stom. [Dental Surgeon] Maciej Żarow, Dentist
- dr hab. Jolanta Żyśko, Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
We cordially congratulate this year’s laureates!
Next year, the Polish Congress Ambassadors Gala will take place in the Poznań Congress Center of Poznań International Fair at the invitation of Jan Mazurczak, Chairman of the Board of the Poznań Convention Bureau.
The Congress Ambassadors Programme has been jointly organized by the Polish Tourist Organisation and the Polish Conference and Congress Association for 17 years. Its aim is to honour persons who acquire new congresses for Poland.